Dr. Robert Turbow is of counsel with our firm and his legal work focuses on professional license defense, medical staff peer review matters, and medical malpractice cases. He attended Santa Clara University School of Law and is a member of the California State Bar. Dr. Turbow brings over 25 years of clinical bedside experience as a foundation for his legal work. He is a practicing neonatologist and has board certification in pediatrics and neonatal-perinatal medicine. His medical education and training include University of Southern California School of Medicine, Stanford University Hospital, University of Colorado, and University of California-Irvine. His healthcare experience includes medical directorships and committee chairs. He also has extensive background in Patient Safety and Bioethics, and currently has adjunct faculty positions at Stanford and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
Selected Published Works:
- Fanaroff JM, Turbow RM. Legal Issues in Neonatal –Perinatal Medicine. In: Martin RJ, Fanaroff AA, Walsh MC, editors. Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. 10th Philadelphia: Mosby Elsevier 2015.
- Turbow RM, Fanaroff JM. Legal Issues in Newborn Intensive Care. In: Sanbar SS, ed. Legal Medicine & Medical Ethics. 9th Schaumburg, Illinois: Law of Medicine Publication: 2015.
- Fanaroff JM, Turbow RM. Pediatric Liability. In: Sanbar SS, ed. Legal Medicine & Medical Ethics. 9th Schaumburg, Illinois: Law of Medicine Publication: 2015.
- Fanaroff JM, Turbow RM. Legal Issues. In: McInerny TK, Adam HM, Campbell DE, DeWitt TG, Foy JM, Kamat DM, eds. American Academy of Pediatrics Textbook of Pediatric Care. 2nd Elk Grove Village, Illinois: American Academy of Pediatrics: 2016.
- Turbow, Adherence to safety protocols protects patients, physicians. American Academy of Pediatrics, News, June 20, 2019.
- Fanaroff JM, Turbow RM. Medicolegal Considerations in the Care of Newborns. In: Campbell DE ed. Neonatology for Primary Care. 2nd Edition. Elk Grove Village, Illinois: American Academy of Pediatrics: 2020.